book module not downloading on app

book module not downloading on app

by Lee Hensley -
Number of replies: 0

the book shows up in the course but when students try to open it, the app throws a unable to download module some files may be missing. Strangely all files are missing, not even the text of a book works, you can see the html 5 audio tags but they do not work. None of the pictures show up. I uploaded all the files to the site using atto, I also tried links to a file on a sub domain on the server with links set to show pictures on the site. It all works on mobile browsers and on the site in all browsers all the way back to win 98. Also works on old phones both apple and droid as long as the students use their browsers not the app. Is there some setting I am missing? Using latest moodle site and app. Is there a server setting that needs to be changed maybe for the app to download audio and pics?

As a post script here I just had a thought I have hot link protection enabled on my site. To disable other sites from linking to pictures or other media on my site. Would this cause the problem? Is the app considered a different site? If it is does anyone know the site so I can add it to the allowed sites that can direct link?

post post script: My last thought was correct I had to check a box that reads like this for it to work

Allow direct requests (for example, when you enter the URL of an image in a browser). NOTE: You must select the “Allow direct requests” checkbox when you use hotlink protection for files that you want visitors to view in QuickTime (for example, Mac Users).

solved the problem, seems there are times one tries to make a problem harder than it actually is smile

Average of ratings: -