Multiple answer help - stuck in a loop!

Multiple answer help - stuck in a loop!

by Iona Clark -
Number of replies: 1

Hi

I'm making a branching narrative lesson in Moodle. I'm currently stuck with trying to use the multiple-answer (tick box) option in a multiple choice question.

The question is similar to this:

What blood tests would you like?

Full blood count

Liver function

Venous blood gas

The following is how I would like it to function: If students select "venous blood gas", regardless of any other options ticked, they jump to that blood result (let's call it "page a"). If they select any options but without "venous blood gas", they jump to a different page ("page b"). i.e. there are only 2 possible pages to jump to.

When I try to make this, if only "venous blood gas" is selected, it correctly jumps to "page a". And if only other options are selected, excluding "venous blood gas", it correctly jumps to "page b". However, if a "venous blood gas" and another option are selected, the other option seems to override the "venous blood gas" and it jumps to "page b" rather than "page a".

I have custom scoring turned on, with "venous blood gas" currently set to 1 and the other options set to 0. I've tried playing with the numbers but can't get it to do what I want.Would appreciate if anyone has any ideas for a fix! Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Iona Clark

Re: Multiple answer help - stuck in a loop!

by Sarah Jane -

Hi there I too have found Im looping - would appreciate some help also.

Moodle 2.7