Installing on 3.2

Installing on 3.2

by Lee Hensley -
Number of replies: 6

unable to install on moodle 3.2. when installing from the moodle plugin site it confirms the package then when I try to upgrade the moodle server it goes to a page that says upgrading poodll but it never goes beyound that page. I waited for almost 8 hours and it never loaded the success page. After failled install event when I close and try to log back into the site I get an internal server error and have to install a recent backup of the site before moodle will work again.

To start off I changed to max execution time and other parameters and followed all the steps in getting started docs. I do not know how to debugging in moodle yet am learning from reading the docs on that right now. but want to know if this is a known problem with a fix available

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lee Hensley

Re: Installing on 3.2

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Lee

That does not sound good. The most common problem is the need to raise the max execution time. I think this is because we use the Amazon AWS SDK in Poodll, and Moodle does some verification on the code, and there is a lot of code. 

Can you check what the reported max execution time on your site is when you visit:

Site admin -> server ->php info 

It should be 90 or more. If you really can't get past this, I am happy to look into it for you. But in that case you should start a ticket via https://poodll.com/contact . Then we will be able to share passwords etc in private.

In reply to Lee Hensley

by William Stewart -
Lee, Justin, Any update on this issue?

I was upgrading plugins in my MAMP test site and ran into the exact same issue once I tried to update Poodll. I don't have time at the moment to setup my MAMP test site at the moment but I was definitely surprised (and good to know). Running 3.2.1+ with php 7.0.16.

In reply to William Stewart

by William Stewart -

I wanted to add that I simply swapped out the Poodll package after downloading the zip, unzipping the folder, and replacing the contents so I'm not sure why there is any timeout issue.

Just tried again with debugging turned on at my work MAMP set up:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\MAMP\htdocs\courses\lib\classes\plugin_manager.php on line 2214

In reply to William Stewart

by William Stewart -

I hate feeling like I'm spamming the forum but I just wanted to say I was able to successfully install the update after changing the php.ini max execution time to 120 in my MAMP set up. Of course, it was instant as it normally has been under the 30 s default setting. Keep up the great works. I noticed the erroneous S3 error so glad to see it addressed (wasn't an issue really anyway).