Block Sharing Cart - error 500

Block Sharing Cart - error 500

by Jan de Wit -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all,

I am using Moodle 3.2.1 with the Boost theme, fully updated. Since I want to offer my customers a custom courses, finding the Block Sharing Cart extension solved that problem. Unfortunately it gives me an error and I hope someone can point me in the right direction finding a solution to that.

I think the error 500 is very odd. The site is working, no issues at all. So, why is Moodle/Sharing Cart returning this error then? It seems to me that there is nothing wrong with the database at all. 

I downloaded Sharing Cart here, using the green button giving me the latest version.

This is the given error after hitting 'Edit' and 'Copy to Sharing Cart':

This is an overview of the settings:

I hope someone can help me a little with this. Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jan de Wit

Re: Block Sharing Cart - error 500

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Turn on Debugging in Moodle. Reproduce the error and then find where it got logged in your web server's error log. What does it say?
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Block Sharing Cart - error 500

by Jan de Wit -

Howard,

The debugging log shows something with smtp-host. Nothing to do with Sharing Card, I guess:

Invalid get_string() identifier: 'configsmtphosts' or component 'message_email'. Perhaps you are missing $string['configsmtphosts'] = ''; in /home/xxxxusernamexzx/www.website.nl/message/output/email/lang/en/message_email.php?

• line 349 of /lib/classes/string_manager_standard.php: call to debugging()
  • line 7076 of /lib/moodlelib.php: call to core_string_manager_standard->get_string()
  • line 28 of /message/output/email/settings.php: call to get_string()
  • line 68 of /lib/classes/plugininfo/message.php: call to include()
  • line 80 of /admin/settings/plugins.php: call to core\plugininfo\message->load_settings()
  • line 7703 of /lib/adminlib.php: call to require()
  • line 19 of /admin/settings.php: call to admin_get_root()

When hitting 'Copy to cart' the previous error appears instantly:

Beats me.. sad

In reply to Jan de Wit

[SOLVED] Block Sharing Cart - error 500

by Jan de Wit -

Oh, I have 'solved' the issue. 

I just had to rule out it was a theme related. So I changed the theme from 'Boost' to 'Clean' and the issue is gone now...

Can you imagine?