Layout issue of Moodle webiste with Eguru Theme

Layout issue of Moodle webiste with Eguru Theme

by Schwann Chan -
Number of replies: 7

Hi All,

I am developing the Moodle website with Eguru theme, and I have a problem with the website layout. The Eguru theme displays three columns on the webpage, and remains blank blocks on both 2 sides. 

Now I want to expand the three columns (including the navigation bar) and shrink the 2 blank blocks. I am not familiar with Moodle so I have no idea about how to customize the layout. I think I may modify some source codes in "layout" file, but I don not know the exact part and how to modify it. I noticed that you are experienced in Moodle development. Hope some of you could help me to solve this problem. Thank you!

Moodle website layout with Eguru theme

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Schwann Chan

Re: Layout issue of Moodle webiste with Eguru Theme

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The max-width of Moodle Themes is 1600px. I suggest you alter that to 100%.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Schwann Chan -

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your reply, and I modify the max-width from 1140px to 100% in "eguru.css", but it remains the same. There are still two wide margins on both sides. 

eguru.css

In reply to Schwann Chan

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

You need to set the width. So add width: 100%; as well as max-width: 100%; that then ensures the  container remains fluid for all devices.

So your CSS should look like this...

.container-fluid {
    width: 100%;
    max-width: 100%;
    margin: 0 auto;
}

I write the margin like this margin: 0 auto; but it is optional so you can leave it the way you did it with margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;  it means the same except mine is shorthand. smile

Hope this helps?

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Schwann Chan -

Hi Mary,

Thank you for your advice. I modify the source code just as what you say, but the webpage still keeps no change...

eguru.css

Moodle webpage remains the same

In reply to Schwann Chan

by Mary Evans -

In that case add the following:

#page.container-fluid {
    max-width: 100%;
    width: 100%!important;
    margin-right: auto;
    margin-left: auto
}

In reply to Mary Evans

by Schwann Chan -

Hi Mary,

I figured it out. I added these codes to Theme general custom CSS, and it finally worked. Thank you for you help!

In reply to Schwann Chan

by Schwann Chan -
If you have already modified the source code as above, but the layout remains the same, add those code to "Custom CSS" on "General" of the theme.

Directory

Custom CSS