Essential theme header configuration

Essential theme header configuration

by Nora Colazzo -
Number of replies: 5

Hi there,

I was wondering if I could get some advice please. We have recently upgraded to Moodle 3.1 and the header in the course outline section (at the top) seems to display the course long name from settings. This is unnecessary and ugly considering that we have applied our standard naming convention within our training centre and students don't need to see this.

I just want to be able to remove the course name at the top that is reading from course settings (long name).  Is there any way to remove this? I've searched in the "Essential" theme settings and haven't figured it out as yet.

I am including here a snapshot of the course landing page.

screen print of course page showing course title at the top and also under the course banner

Any help would be most appreciated. 

Thank you

Nora

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nora Colazzo

Re: Essential theme header configuration

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Nora,

Theme version please?

Course format used (looks like tabbed) please?

By 'appreciated' do you mean money please?

Kind regards,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Nora Colazzo -

Hi Gareth,

The theme we are using is 'Essential" and it is the course full name that all of a sudden is appearing in the header at the top of each course page. I've tried custom CSS as suggested but this doesn't help. I am writing in this Moodle community forum for assistance from Moodle champions as this is what it is intended for. I am not offering money, sorry.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Nora Colazzo

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Nora, I am sorry that the CSS did not work in this instance, however, Gareth knows how to fix it, but he still needs to know the exact version of the Essential theme you are using.

In the mean time I'm going to upload Essential to my test server and see if I can come up with a better solution to help you out.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Nora Colazzo

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

If you add this to the Essential Custom CSS area in Themes > Essential  General settings it should remove the course name.

.page-context-header .page-header-headings h1{ display: none;}

In reply to Nora Colazzo

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Nora,

As far as I'm aware the placement of the long course name at the top of the course has not changed.  The fix of simply deleting it does not solve the other half of the problem whereby it is moved to underneath the section 0 summary containing an image (is this a correct description).  This would therefore involve altering the overridden course format renderer to output the appropriate data in the place required.  If the image is in fact within a label then that is even more complex.

Therefore this is not as trivial a problem as is first thought.  I am a self employed software engineer and need to earn money through my skills, so as this is something that would take me a reasonable amount of time then I'm sorry but I am unable to complete the task without being paid.

Kind regards,

Gareth