Header background image | theme essential

Header background image | theme essential

by Dave Goh -
Number of replies: 4

Hi all,

Does anybody know what are the optimal dimensions for the Header background image on the essential theme?

I tried different sizes but can't find the best result.

Documantation does not have something about this feature.

Thanks in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Goh

Re: Header background image | theme essential

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Well it depends on what you want I would have thought.

Which version of Moodle are you using? I don't need the theme version I'll assume you will be using the most up to date version of Essential for your Moodle site, unless of course it is a very old version?

Is there a setting for this background image? And you are sure there are no suggestions as to how to style it for a different sized image?

Is it the fact that the image looks distorted?

If it is what I am thinking of you can only adjust the height, as the width is a fixed width I seem to recall.

A link to your site would be good, then I could get a better idea. You can send me a message with a link if you do not want to post it in this public forum?

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Mark Whitington -

Hi Mary,

We have a similar issue ... the fixed width/height would work better for us if it was somehow made responsive... is that possible?

(M3.1 & Latest Essentials theme)

Cheers

Mark

In reply to Mark Whitington

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It's not the one I was thinking of, however you can adjust the height.

The height of the page header is fixed at 64px

It looks better if the image is a small seamless tile about 40px x 40px which is added using tge uploaded, and the setting below tgat needs to be set to tiled, which means the pattern is repeated.

If you are adding a larger image then the height and width need to be taken into consideration. I long banner that is 200px height and 900px lpong would need to be a fixed image which is centred. but you would Need to add some CSS to style the #page-header

Hope this helps?

Mary