Problem of performance

Problem of performance

by mimi nom -
Number of replies: 4
Hello,

Our site became slow, because in my opinion it is the period of displaying student's grades, so, many users log on. I would like to know with a RAM of 74G how many users can connect simultaneously, we use debian 7 and Moodle 3.02+

Thank you in advance
Average of ratings: -
In reply to mimi nom

Re: Problem of performance

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

There is more to it than RAM...could be your CPU, disk write speed, database speed...how many simultaneous users do you have and what are your full specs?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by mimi nom -

thank you for your reply
In the day maximum 150 simultaneous connections but in the evening normally there is more than that, is there a way (a tool) that allows me to have this information?
What do you want to have exactly as information? Excuse me I'm not an expert in system administration

In reply to mimi nom

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Good thing it's Linux! ;)

Suggest installing MySQLTuner.pl ... a perl script that should run on your server.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/major/MySQLTuner-perl/master/mysqltuner.pl

above link will show the raw .pl script (perl).

Wget the URL above to your /usr/local/bin/ or /usr/bin/ directory so you can all it from any location on your server and, the .pl file does need to be made executable as well.

chmod u+x mysqltuner.pl

When one runs tuner it looks a config as well as stats that the DB server keeps.

One of the items ... max connections ... default is 151 and it's not unusual for a Moodle db server to be in need of tweaking that upwards.   Tuner will provide a suggested value.

Editing my.cnf - config for MySQL DB server - will require restart of the DB server service for the changes to take affect.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by mimi nom -

We checked some courses, we found that some of them showed the following error:

"Failed to unserialise data from file. Either failed to read, or failed to write."

By clearing all the caches the error is gone and the platform has returned to normal, it is not very very fast but acceptable. I think the problem of slowness came from that.

anyway thank you very much for your help, I will test this script, it looks interesting. In my.cnf the max_connections parameter is set to 10000