Pioneer Theme : Is there a BUG in Icon nav URL markup?

Pioneer Theme : Is there a BUG in Icon nav URL markup?

by Mary Evans -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

In trying to solve a problem with the Lang menu in Pioneer I think I have came across a 'bug' in the icon navigation in the top menu bar url settings.

If you do not customise these icons urls, in the Pioneer settings page immediately after installing the theme, then the default URLs will not work if your moodle site url is written something like this in the config.php:

$CFG->wwwroot   = 'http://localhost/moodle';

Has anyone else found this to be true?

Cheers

Mary

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Evans

Re: Pioneer Theme : Is there a BUG in Icon nav URL markup?

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Mary,

The icon navigation uses defaults when installed which are based on Moodle being in the root folder to build the 4 icons.  If you installed it in a subdirectory you should edit the Icon Navigation URL's in the theme settings page for them.

Chris

In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Chris,

That is not necessarily so as you can add this in the PHP markup in the layout/includes/iconnav.php file like so...

<?php if ($PAGE->theme->settings->nav4icon) { ?>
<a href="<?php echo new moodle_url($PAGE->theme->settings->nav4buttonurl); ?>"
target="_self" id="button" data-toggle="tooltip" data-placement="bottom"
title="<?php echo $PAGE->theme->settings->nav4buttontext ?>">
<i class="fa fa-2x fa-<?php echo $PAGE->theme->settings->nav4icon ?>"></i></a>
<?php } ?>

Where new moodle_url = $CFG->wwwroot

This is how I was taught to do this. Also some words 'language strings' you add in the settings page should technically be a string so that it can get translated. For example: 'Home' or 'Calendar' should be get_string('home', 'moodle') or get_string('calendar', 'calendar') most words of this nature are already translated so knowing this its easy to add.

On the other hand the 'fa' font icon names are different as these are, in effect' code names and NOT strings.

I'm surprised no one pulled you up on that when the theme was originally reviewed.

Hope this helps?

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

All my themes use this so I will need to take a look.  I am first going to update Fordson then Pioneer.  Thanks for helping.  

Chris