Audio file submission - Listen in grading

Audio file submission - Listen in grading

by Chris Kenniburg -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

We are looking to be able to listen to audio files submitted to the assignment module for grading.  Ideally it would just be a built in filter like Moodle has for content  as we don't want to maintain different plugins just for this one functionality.

Is there a filter or something I am doing wrong?  Any suggestions on how to make this happen in Moodle 3.1 (soon to be 3.2).

Thank you for any suggestions,

Chris  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

Re: Audio file submission - Listen in grading

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Chris,

My preferred way to do this is to use the Podcast (mod_pcast) activity plugin instead of the assignment activity. If you set up one of the recording plugins correctly, students can record right in Moodle and submit the recording into the podcast activity.

Can also be done in the assignment activity by using the PoodLL plugins. You just need to be aware that PoodLL 3 now requires an annual subscription fee.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

by Chris Kenniburg -

Thanks.  I will have to look into both options.  We haven't had much luck with PoodLL.  Not sure why and there are a ton of setting and configurations.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Chris Kenniburg -

We have the paid version of Poodll.  Seems to be doing what we'd like.  Still testing. Thanks!