Statement of plagiarism before uploading assignment

Statement of plagiarism before uploading assignment

by Mike Mazurkiewicz -
Number of replies: 7
Hello,

I have just started playing with Moodle and I had a quick question.  My wife, the professor, has a full page statement that the student must sign saying that the submitted assignment has not be plagiarised.  She has them do it for ever assignment turned in.

Would there be some way in Moodle (pop-up or other method) to display this message (customized by the teacher) before the system accepts their assignment?  The student would have to click on an option/button to accept or refuse (why??, but always possible) before the upload occured.  The teacher would also need the responses to the statement in some type of online report per assignment.

Thanks for any information you could provide.

Mike Mazurkiewicz
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mike Mazurkiewicz

Re: Statement of plagiarism before uploading assignment

by Alexandre Belousov -
Seems I miss this too very much.
P.S. Mike, could the statement be shared with the community?
Thank you!
In reply to Alexandre Belousov

by Mike Mazurkiewicz -
Hello,

She says its a single page and she includes a part of her course introduction to the definition of plagiarism and the form they need to submit with all assignments.

I tried looking for the file today, but was unable to find it, probably on her computer in her office. I will post a copy when I get a hold of it, hopefully tomorrow.

She said it was OK to post it.

Mike

by Tim Allen -
Yes I agree this would be an excellent feature - I look forward to it hopefully for the future.  smile

by John Rodgers -
Sounds like an assignment type plug-in, which would really ust use upload assignment code and the site policy agreement code.  Perhaps a feature request or maybe a moodle partner could code this one.
In reply to John Rodgers

by Brian Sea -
I'd agree... 

I'm starting to see that many of the assignment types might be useful when they're connected together.  Perhaps a "Use Multiple Types" plugin might because useful soon (or integrate using multiple plugins into the base) ?

by Audun Hauge -
If you use activity locking (see conditional activities) you can do the following:

create a simple one page lesson where the text is the agreement, the question is "do you agree (yes/no)". The lesson is graded with yes being the correct answer.
Set the assignment to be locked by this lesson with a minimum grade == grade for answering yes. The students can't start the assignment before they have agreed to the statements in the lesson. If you have checkmarks before all activities, then the students will get a green checkmark in front of the agreement (if they agree!).

In reply to Audun Hauge

by Mike Mazurkiewicz -
Hello,

This sounds like a reasonable solution.  I need to finish setting up Moodle, but I will give this a try on my first attempt on the test server.

I have just started on setting Moodle for her Biochemistry course and Neuroanatomy labs and have just started to investigate the modules available.

Thanks for everyones help and suggestions.  By the responses, this product has a very active community, which is great to see.

Mike