Guest access to course sections!

Guest access to course sections!

by Naaman Fallouh -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I know that it's possible to grant guest access to courses in moodle,  so not logged in users can reach them, like public courses.

My question is, do we have this possibility on the courses sections level too? In another words, i

s there anyway that grants guest access to specific section(s) or to the main section of a course in moodle? 

Best regards,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Naaman Fallouh

Re: Guest access to course sections!

by Purnendu Dash -
Picture of Plugin developers

Unfortunately the answer is no. If you enable guest access to some course then any non logged in users can view all sections of your course. There is no option to grant guest access to any specific section of a course.

Regards,

Purnendu

In reply to Naaman Fallouh

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello there. Yes this is possible but it requires some setting up. First - make your course guest access and put the items you want guests to see in a section on their own, say the top section for example. Then you will have to use the Restrict access settings of the other sections (or if you must, of individual items) to restrict access to people who have email addresses, You will see this as one of the possible options when setting restrict access. What happens is that guests who have not logged in will not be able to see the sections which are restricted to logged in users only, ie, those who have got an email address.

Average of ratings: Useful (5)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Lyndsey Welch -

Most definitely useful - is there any way to do this the other way around?

I.e have a course section that teachers and guests can see but not students? Without changing the permissions of a guest access to see hidden materials. (One possible solution?)