Moodle - Centre - No Financial programs

Moodle - Centre - No Financial programs

by Will Muenchow -
Number of replies: 5
I thought maybe someone might have some insight on this. Moodle is a awsome LMS System and does what it does very well.  Centre is a promising SIS system that from what I've seen so far does what it does very well.  Now the problem I've run into is that I have not found a Financial Open Source record input/keeper. I wouldn't expect to find this in Moodle, But I did expect for Centre, which they do not have part of there package, though you can purcahse a addon that might work. Has anyone run into an Open Source Financial record input/keeper program that would work well with moodle to add students tuition, classes, payments, etc...?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Will Muenchow

Re: Moodle - Centre - No Financial programs

by Arthur Ferruzzi -
Check out the Kuali Project.  Why reinvent a wheel that has already been built and tested?   Of course, it may be overkill for small settings.

In reply to Arthur Ferruzzi

by Will Muenchow -
Thanks for the link! It looks like a wondeful application, but all I can find on that website is PDF files about the project, no code or downloads? Any ideas? Is this project in action, or only development?

In reply to Will Muenchow

by Arthur Ferruzzi -
Kuali is based on a production system ...

The Kuali Financial System is based on the proven financial system design that has been used at Indiana University for over 10 years

that is currently being prepared for community release late this year (2005) and next.  Here's the University of Hawaii press release.

This link at Arizona has lots of details on what's going into it.

by Will Muenchow -
Thanks for your help! Just got done looking at the pages and downloading the Quickstart version.  Know of any other progs?

by Joseph Aguirre -

Taking the Moodle Philosphy to its logical conclusion, I would like to find open source modules that can handle accounts payable/accounts receivable, human resources and customer care.

Any leads?