Moving Book activity

Moving Book activity

by Jason Lane -
Number of replies: 2

Hello all, we have created a large book resource on the frontpage of our Moodle 3.2 site. Is there any way we can move it to course instead? We have tried the import/backup options but because the Book is currently on the frontpage the constant message we get is "You can only restore front page backups on the front page" etc.

Is there a workaround using any of the export/import Book features such as Generate IMS CP, etc?

Thank you,

Jason

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Lane

Re: Moving Book activity

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Jason,

I've done this using a small book, but it should also work for a large one.

Generate IMS CP from your front page Book and then Import chapter into a book located where you want the new copy to be at. Just make sure you select Type > Each folder represents one chapter. Otherwise you will probably see an error message, Cannot find chapters in selected file.

In reply to AL Rachels

Re: Moving Book activity

by Jason Lane -

Hi Al, thanks that worked great! I was able to export the whole book with sub-chapters and use the suggested import method. The only hassle was, after importing, I had to go into each page and remove the first 3 lines of HTML which inserted Chapter headings and CSS links.

Thanks,

Jason