Theme adaptable new version is not compatible with RTL languages

Theme adaptable new version is not compatible with RTL languages

by Vahid Aghamohamadi -
Number of replies: 4
Hi, the problem is when i install new version of moodle 3.2 with latest version of theme adaptable 1.3 and then i change the language to some langaues e.g. ar or fa  all the theme will go to white page with no css import . as same as below page : themefaerror

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vahid Aghamohamadi

Re: Theme adaptable new version is not compatible with RTL languages

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Adaptable never has been tested in RTL languages, so yes, it is possible that crash the layout or loading the styles.

No plans for the moment to develop Adaptable for RTL languages.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The problem is not so much Adaptable but the fact RTL CSS has been removed from Bootstrapbase theme, because the Clean and More themes Use a different method which involves fliping the CSS automatically, so left becomes right and visa versa.

Ill try and find out more for you?

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Vahid Aghamohamadi -
THank you for your reply.
 The problem is in outputlib.php file on line :
      $filename = right_to_left() ? 'all-rtl' : 'all';
when i change the above line to :
  $filename = right_to_left() ? 'all' : 'all';
the exception of function parseListItem in Parser.php will not generate and at least the appearance is getting true!
but i dont want to change the core because of other users theme and further updates.
is there any solution to get this change on the theme itself. Thank you .

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I've been finding the parser a bit temperamental, so just a matter of working out where it's breaking and fixing the selector that breaks the generation of 'all-rtl'.  Look in the php.log file.