How do I reset the questionnaire so that no responses are shown

How do I reset the questionnaire so that no responses are shown

by Leon Cych -
Number of replies: 10
i.e. the questionnaire reponses that have been aggregated after several logins wiped from the system to start anew with that login?

Cheers in advance,

Leon
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Leon Cych

Re: How do I reset the questionnaire so that no responses are shown

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In a round about way...

Make a new questionnaire by copying the one you want to use. Then you can delete the old one if you want. It will be new and empty.

mike
In reply to Mike Churchward

by Karen Hambly -
I had the same question. I have tried your advice Mike but when I copied the questionnaire that I wanted to use the new one still had the five 'test' responses from my development work. I set the original questionnaire as a template? Is this correct. Is there any other way I can get rid of the 5 test responses? Would greatly appreciate any help as I was looking to put the questionnaire live tomorrow but can't until it has been cleaned and is empty. Thanks.
In reply to Karen Hambly

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Karen,

I'm not sure why you're unable to remove the test responses by following Mike's suggestion, however an alternative (longer) method would be to backup the questionnaire with no user data then restore it.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Karen Hambly -

Hi Helen, Thanks for your message. Do you have to reboot your computer in order to lose the responses? I did think about using back up and restore when I saw the test responses were still there are copying the original questionnaire. Have tried that earlier today and the user responses did go but now it is saying that the questionnaire isn't available yet and try later but I haven't set any open or close dates. Also it looks as though I've lost the content as when I try to edit the questionnaire it comes up 'no content currently defined'. I'm getting to the edge of my technical capacity on this one - any advice? Should I restore back to before all these changes and try again? All help gratefully received. Thanks. Karen

In reply to Karen Hambly

by John Rodgers -
I seem to be getting the "no content currently defined message as well when I go to create a new questionnaire using existing content.
In reply to John Rodgers

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Karen and John,

Sorry I can't offer any help as I'm unable to recreate the message "no content currently defined". mixed It sounds as though it may be a bug.

Please ensure you're using the latest version of the Questionnaire module (available via Moodle Downloads:Activity Modules). If the problem persists, please file a bug report in the bug tracker.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Jason Hollowell -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
I was/am wanting to delete test responses to a questionnare and found this forum thread and am wondering if there are plans to improve the questionnare so that this 'work around' for deleting responses is no longer the only way to delete responses. There are many reasons why a teacher or admin may want to delete only selected responses to a questionnaire instead of all of them (which is the only option with the current method right?). Just wondering about the future plans for this mod and whether there are plans to 'polish' it.

Jason

P.S. I just tried to perform the copy and paste method described above but can't figure out where I can copy the survey that I have created? (from which screen?)
In reply to Jason Hollowell

by Helen Foster -
Hi Jason,

Please note that it's possible to delete test responses - if you select "View by response", at the bottom of each response page is a delete button.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Jason Hollowell -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Helen,

Thanks.  I guess I didn't play around with the questionnaire enough to find the delete button that you have informed me about smile  I was successfully able to delete my admin response but got an error immediately following the deletion.

Here is the error:

Error opening survey. [ ID:1 ] [

I was able to proceed after that though and everything appears to have been reset so I guess this isn't a huge concern.  It looks like Moodle was looking for the questionnaire response that had just been deleted and as a result returned an error since it no longer exists.

Thanks again smile

Jason
In reply to Leon Cych

by Kevin Lacy -

I duplicated the questionnaire and then hid or deleted the old one. Now someone tell me that this is bad practice :>).