Quiz navigation problem with moodle 3.2+ and theme lambda

Quiz navigation problem with moodle 3.2+ and theme lambda

by Aysegul Cetin -
Number of replies: 14

Hi, we've just upgraded to Moodle 3.2+ and the question numbers in the quiz navigation block have become invisible. The quiz navigation works just fine when we switch to Aardvark or Clean so it must be a problem with theme Lambda. We have the latest version which claims to be compatible with 3.2.

Also, the audio players have turned into video play buttons and it looks like a complete mess. I'm adding a screenshot here.

I'll be so happy if anyone has any suggestions... Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Aysegul Cetin

Re: Quiz navigation problem with moodle 3.2+ and theme lambda

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Sorry, but that is a commercial theme and therefore not supported on Moodle.org.  Please contact the developer.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Ynt: Re: Quiz navigation problem with moodle 3.2+ and theme lambda

by Aysegul Cetin -

Hi, initially we thought that the problem was the theme but we've realized that the problem with audio players persists when we switch to moodle clean theme. I can not change the topic title. What can we do?

Re: Ynt: Re: Quiz navigation problem with moodle 3.2+ and theme lambda

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

How can the problem be replicated so that it would be possible to see what is going on?  What are the complete detailed steps involved with an example please?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Quiz navigation problem with moodle 3.2+ and theme lambda

by Aysegul Cetin -

Sorry, now I understand what you mean by replicating. Here are the steps I followed:

1. I added an activity under a topic and I chose Quiz as the activity.

2. I went to the quiz I created and clicked "Add a new question" in the quiz editing section.

3. I added a multiple choice question.

4. In the question text area, I clicked "Insert media". In the insert media window, I clicked the Audio tab and I clicked "Browse repositories" and "upload a file".

5. I uploaded an mp3 file.

6. I clicked "Insert media".

Everything looks fine in the question text area, it displays as an audio player. But when I click "Save changes" and view the quiz, the audio player is gone and instead there is a video button, play button, duration time etc. as seen in the screenshot.

This is how it looks -everything is OK, there's an audio player- before I save the question. After I save the question and view the quiz, the audio player disappears and video buttons appear instead of the audio player.

We didn't have this problem with Moodle 3.0.2

Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Quiz navigation problem with moodle 3.2+ and theme lambda

by Gareth J Barnard -

Ta.  Feels like a filter setting configuration issue or a plugin that was not updated etc.  In that something you'd set on the M3.0 site?

Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Quiz navigation problem with moodle 3.2+ and theme lambda

by Aysegul Cetin -

I checked for plugin updates but everything seems up to date. We started with 3.0.2 and we didn't have any problems then. This started when we upgraded to 3.2. Nearly 1000 students are supposed to do these quizzes and the deadline for their grade submission is next week. I really don't know how to fix these audio players sad

Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Quiz navigation problem with moodle 3.2+ and theme lambda

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

What does that Quiz look like in Clean theme?

If it looks and works Ok, you could force that course to use Clean theme.

It would solve the problem for the time being until a better fix is found.

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Quiz navigation problem with moodle 3.2+ and theme lambda

by Aysegul Cetin -

Hi, thank you for your reply. These screenshots are taken from the Clean theme. Initially I thought the problem was with theme lambda, hence the wrong topic... I couldn't edit the topic title as I realized this too late. Later I realized it happens in Clean also.

Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Quiz navigation problem with moodle 3.2+ and theme lambda

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

In that case could this be something to do with the Text Editor?

The default is called ATTO but this editor has been found to cause problems in themes.

if you are then try changing to TinyMCE

Then test the quiz again...to see if it changes?

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Quiz navigation problem with moodle 3.2+ and theme lambda

by Aysegul Cetin -

Hi, we couldn't figure it out but the developer detected a problem with the installation of Moodle 3.2. The problem appears to be solved now. Thank you!

Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Quiz navigation problem with moodle 3.2+ and theme lambda

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Do you have any filters installed?  Sometimes a media filter will change the display...

In reply to Emma Richardson

Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Quiz navigation problem with moodle 3.2+ and theme lambda

by Aysegul Cetin -

Thank you for your reply. It turned out to be something missing in the installation of 3.2. The problem is solved now.

Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Quiz navigation problem with moodle 3.2+ and theme lambda

by Gareth J Barnard -

Ok, so for everybody to benefit, what was the problem please Aysegul?

Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Ynt: Re: Quiz navigation problem with moodle 3.2+ and theme lambda

by Aysegul Cetin -

I wish I knew smile We only know that it was a missing step in the installation process and that it was fixed. So I'm sorry, this is all I know about it. The thing is, we are only a couple of teachers responsible for the Moodle-related work at our school, and none of us are tech-people really. 3.2 was installed by the main IT unit of the university. And the developer was kind enough to have a look at it although the problem did not originate from the theme, and she spotted the problem and fixed it.