Error: Check site is 2.4+; site is 3.1.3

Error: Check site is 2.4+; site is 3.1.3

by Aaron Harris -
Number of replies: 5

Hi all

I've downloaded the source code for Moodle Mobile 3.2, done exactly the same as I normally do to build the app [worked in the past as I have to include Crosswalk for Android 4.1.4] 
I tested the app using 'Ionic serve' on my mac and I got in to the app no problem - all interactions were logged with the site and messages worked.  

I've gone to test on a Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.4.4, and I'm now getting the error to check the site is Moodle 2.4 and above, but the site I'm connecting to is Moodle 3.1.3.  

I've hard coded the web address into the app using the 'siteurl:' code in the config.xml/config.json file and the mobile plugin is installed and enabled in the Moodle site.  

When building the app, I am using the Phonegap online builder as Cordova on my Mac seems to be crashing the phone.  

Any help is greatly appreciated 

Thanks 

Aaron

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Aaron Harris

Re: Error: Check site is 2.4+; site is 3.1.3

by Aaron Harris -

UPDATE:  I've now built the base Moodle app using the GitHub repo and I cannot connect to 3.1.3, 3.2, or 2.9 Totara instances of Moodle.  
I've downloaded the Moodle app from the Google Play store, and this is working fine on the phone.  

I've also removed the 'siteurl' code from the app I've built and I'm still getting the error; it seems that the app cannot connect to anything.  

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this, please? 
Having this app in V3.2 is pretty critical for a work request smile 

Many thanks 

In reply to Aaron Harris

by Aaron Harris -

Update 2:  I've rebuilt the app from scratch using a virtual machine built just to create this app and I'm still having the same issue of the phone crashing when building using Ionic.  
Can anyone help with this at all, please?

In reply to Aaron Harris

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Aaron,

is there any reason you don't use Phonegap Build?

We don't use or support Ionic building because is very platform/device/computer settings specific, you should use Phonegap Build  that works the same for all of us.

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Aaron Harris -

Hi Juan

I'm using the Moodle Mobile 2 repository from GitHub with the instructions that are provided - is this not Ionic?  (I'm not sure as this is the first time I've done app building)

From another post in this forum, I have to use this repo to create a custom help section (which replaces the normal help option) then run Gulp through terminal to apply changes.  

The only way I can normally get the app to build is by zipping the www folder and uploading to build.phonegap.com.  

Either way - I get the same error whether I use build.phonegap.com or 'ionic build --release android' through terminal, but I still get the issue when I build the base Moodle Mobile app from the repo with no code changes.  
Is it something I'm doing wrong, or an issue with my Mac maybe?