ELIS to Totara

Re: ELIS to Totara

by Page Chen -
Number of replies: 1

Hello Debbie-

With the advancements of both Moodle and Totara, many of the features that ELIS delivers are now, or soon will be, available in some flavor in the core offering from one or both of these platforms.  In this effort

Remote-Learner continues its involvement with the Moodle community to support and release additional solutions to the marketplace, and we have begun discussions with the Totara team to determine what additional functionality may be incorporated into their base offering, so that we may determine what, if any, additional need there is for ongoing ELIS development.  

This however does not represent any immediate impact to our support of ELIS. All ELIS plugins have all been upgraded through to Moodle 3.1, and will be supported in alignment with this long term support version of Moodle and will continue to be supported by Remote-Learner through 2019. 

At Remote-Learner we recognize that the implementation of solutions that move our clients away from the core offerings can create an undue burden and limit their ability to adopt new complementary solutions in the future.  Learning environments should be constantly evolving with technology and best practice advancements, for the stronger delivery of learning outcomes, and Remote-Learner is committed to providing our customers with the guidance and assistance necessary to help take advantage of these advancements. 

I’d be more then happy to connect with you directly to discuss the ways to map out the continued evolution of your learning environment.

Average of ratings: Very cool (2)
In reply to Page Chen

Re: ELIS to Totara

by Debbie McDonald -

Thank you Page, I sincerely appreciate your call to elaborate on what is happening with Remote Learner and the two systems. It's good to know Remote Learner will support ELIS through 2019 for clients and there is not a rush to make any hasty decision; this will give everyone including me time to figure out the best solution for our agency.