Look and Feel for Dummies

Look and Feel for Dummies

by Marc Bellinkx -
Number of replies: 6

I'm a teacher geography and I do believe in the power of Moodle but...

The interface is sooo nerdy!

The discouragement is imense. 

Making a quiz takes ages because you have to fill out diverse options.
For each question you have to repeate those options. You'll never know the implication of your choice unless the students do make some good suggestions about it.

But,... then U have make the whole quiz over again because you can't add question after "finishing a quiz.

Attachment afdruk vragenoptie.jpg
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marc Bellinkx

Re: Look and Feel for Dummies

by C Behan -

Hi Marc,

It might be useful to speak to your site administrator and agree on default settings for the quiz activity. https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Quiz_settings#Site_administration_settings

Catherine

In reply to C Behan

by Andy Chaplin -

You could also duplicate a question and then change it - that retains the settings.

Andy

In reply to Andy Chaplin

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Andy means to duplicate the quiz.  I always recommend that teachers make a quiz (with no questions in it) and save it as a template.  Then, when you want to run another quiz, you just duplicate the template and add your questions.

And yes, as long as no-one has taken the quiz, you can add or remove questions...

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Andy Chaplin -

Thanks Emma!

That was exactly what I meant.  I got ahead of myself as I was going to add that you can do the same thing with questions, which can also save some time.  I just skipped over the main point.  (Makes note to proff-read before posting...)

Andy

In reply to Marc Bellinkx

by Frankie Kam -
Picture of Plugin developers

Moodle nerdy or geeky? Take your pick.

Since Moodle does encourage social and collaborative learning, will go with the phrase "Moodle is geeky" compared to "Moodle is nerdy". 

Regards
Frankie Kam 

In reply to Frankie Kam

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Joke: 

Q:

How do you recognise an extrovert computer programmer?

A: 

They stare at your shoes instead of there own shoes.