Duplicate course by using a UI Element, not just CSV upload

Duplicate course by using a UI Element, not just CSV upload

by Luca Bösch -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
If your task in Moodle is to duplicate a course, there are different approaches, as to my knowledge.

• you can backup a course and then restore it as a new course
  • by uploading a CSV file in the format as follows
    fullname;shortname;templatecourse;format;visible;showgrades;showreports;lang;category;enrolment_1;enrolment_1_name;enrolment_1_role;enrolment_2;enrolment_2_name;enrolment_2_role;enrolment_2_password;startdate
    Copied course fullname;Copied course shortname;Course to copy;topics;1;0;1;de;1278;manual;Manual enrolments;Teacher;self;Self enrolment (Student);Student;123456;19.09.16

I have raised an issue in Moodle Tracker https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-56537 which should stimulate the implementation of a "duplicate course" button in the Moodle course and catagory management frontend.

Basically it would look the same as the duplicate question button in question bank.

What do you think about this?
I warmly invite you to comment in this forum thread as well as to vote for the issue in the tracker.

Thank you for your time

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luca Bösch

Re: Duplicate course by using a UI Element, not just CSV upload

by Luca Bösch -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It could look something like this.

I have to write the tests (anyone willing to help?), otherwise it's ready.
https://github.com/lucaboesch/moodle/tree/MDL-56537-duplicate-course-button

Did I forget something?
Any comments?

Have a nice day,
Luca

In reply to Luca Bösch

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Excellent!!  Would love to see this in core but I will be trying out the plugin!

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Luca Bösch -

I will submit it to core, Emma.
Curious how HQ developer will pick this up.