language strings for notifications

language strings for notifications

by Chris Kellett -
Number of replies: 6

Hello, I'm using Moodle 2.9.2 and I'm customising language strings for notifications sent when a new user is created. (moodle core - emailconfirmation)

I copied the string as it contains some placeholders and made some small changes, but, once the customised string is saved, the notification mail which is sent now comes without html formatting so no breaks, for instance, which looks really sloppy.

I tried putting in the breaks in html in the new string but when notifications are sent using this customised string it simply prints the tags rather than rendering them.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Christopher

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Kellett

Re: language strings for notifications

by Colin Day -

Chris.

Did you get to the bottom of this as we are having the same issue here?

We think it is one of our Firewall's stripping the HTML out at some point as the moodle itself spoofs the email addresses and sends through Sendgrid email server.

Regards.

Col.

In reply to Colin Day

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

Unfortunately there seems to be a bug when attempting to customise the emailconfirmation lang string. I have reported it as MDL-57867.

I'm thinking that a possible workaround might be to customise the string in the file moodle.php on the server, rather than from within Moodle. If you can try it, please post back to say if it works or not.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Colin Day -

Thanks Helen.

I will pass this through to our provider and ascertain if your solution is a viable fix for us.

We are currently using Totara 2.9 so it is based on the correct/incorrect version if Moodle.

Hopefully this fixes the problem for us.

Fingers crossed and thanks for your reply.

Col Day.

In reply to Colin Day

by Colin Day -

Hi Helen.

I've checked the bug site as linked in your previous replies and there doesn't seem to be any assignation or update at all.

How long do these usually take?

Thanks

In reply to Colin Day

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Colin,

Thanks for voting for MDL-57867 and apologies for the lack of action. It's not possible to predict when it is likely to be fixed, though more votes or if anyone can propose a code solution it will ensure that the issue receives attention quicker.