Moodle 2.9 with VPL very slow on windows server

Moodle 2.9 with VPL very slow on windows server

by ashok bhansali -
Number of replies: 1

I have install moodle2.9  on windows server 2008 and VPL on Linux jail server but moodle site is very slow. Every time we are trying to enter the site, it takes around 20- 30 seconds to load the page.

I tried to improve the Test performance, Purge all caches, Disable session information, Cleanup history, Disable statistic and changes in query_cache_type = 1 as learnt from various forum posts. but problem still persists.

I also face lot of performance problems when we work on VPL activity for saving and executing the programs. some time it will run smoothly but some time it shows message like Connecting (3-4 seconds) ->Connected (20-30 seconds)->Connection Fail.  Works extremely slow even with 30 students in a class.

Many of the forum posts says that 2.7/2.8/2.9/3.0 are already very slow. Is it really so? Pls suggest me what can be done  to get a descent performance?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to ashok bhansali

Re: Moodle 2.9 with VPL very slow on windows server

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Moving to Hardware and Performance forum...

We will need to know a lot more about how your Moodle site is configured. What have you done to investigate what is going on while pages take 20-30 seconds to load? Where is your 'moodledata' sited (especially, is it slow storage)?