Edit Settings page for quiz is not working

Edit Settings page for quiz is not working

by Jack Eapen -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I'm posting here,rather than in the quiz module forum, because my problem is a bit weired.

I'm using moodle 3.1. i do some patchwork in the code here and there. Everything was well until last day I found that the edit Settings page is not working for quiz. The real problem is that I'm getting a browser's error page-couldnt complete request. So I don't know what to do. 

Quiz edit (adding questions) is working. Edit Settings is working for Other modules. I haven't done any changes to quiz module. The problem seems to be in modest.php or any included files. But how can I debug this situation? Plz help.

I tried in both Chrome and Firefox. My server is Linux. It's available only over intranet. Debug is enabled for my user ID in config.php

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jack Eapen

Re: Edit Settings page for quiz is not working

by Amanda Doughty -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

We have the same problem with one quiz and also with an image that is being imported in a label. We get this error:

Warning: session_start(): Unable to clear session lock record in /moodle/application-3.0.5.4/lib/classes/session/handler.php on line 42
error/An error occurred whilst communicating with the server
Debug info:
Error code: An error occurred whilst communicating with the server
$a contents:
Stack trace:

line 79 of /lib/classes/session/manager.php: core\session\exception thrown
    line 785 of /lib/setup.php: call to core\session\manager::start()
    line 818 of /config.php: call to require_once()
    line 3 of /admin/user.php: call to require_once()

We are using file sessions with memcache. The error logs show a lot of memcache errors:

PHP Notice:  MemcachePool::set(): Server 10.200.48.54 (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: Connection timed out (110) in /moodle/application-3.0.5.4/cache/stores/memcache/lib.php on line 380, referer: http://moodle.city.ac.uk/message/index.php?user1=119994&user2=85328

[Mon Oct 10 15:32:50 2016] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Notice:  MemcachePool::set(): Server 10.200.48.54 (tcp 11211, udp 0) failed with: SERVER_ERROR object too large for cache\r\n (3) in /moodle/application-3.0.5.4/cache/stores/memcache/lib.php on line 380, referer: http://moodle.city.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=18832

We have still not resolved it. But it seems similar to this:

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-53713 

In reply to Jack Eapen

by Jack Eapen -

solved. issue was a typo in the file competency/classes/course_competency.php file

In reply to Jack Eapen

by Marina Glancy -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hello Jack,

this file is a core file, did you report this error in bug tracker?

What exactly was your fix?