Gapfill question, dragdrop mode: issue with Test set to "Fullscreen popup"

Re: Gapfill question, dragdrop mode: issue with Test set to "Fullscreen popup"

by Marcus Green -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Giancarlo, I am the developer of the Gapfill question type. I have added the URL of your question to the issue tracker here

https://github.com/marcusgreen/moodle-qtype_gapfill/issues/23

Thank you for including so much detail. I will investigate and get back to you as soon as I can.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Giancarlo De Pol -
Hi Marcus,

thanks for your reply. I do not mean to bother you too much... but I would like to ask you, do you think that the issue at hand could be circumvented by us somehow, or that it is going to be addressed by the developers? I have an upcoming "lecture" where I should "teach" my new colleagues a bare minimum of Moodle literacy, just to begin with. I should decide whether to include gapfill in my presentation, and whether to keep it installed in our Moodle; because if it's available but does not work, it's going to give me issues with my colleagues.
Thanks! Giancarlo
In reply to Giancarlo De Pol

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

My apologies for not responding sooner, you have been very patient. I have just reproduced what you described and I will investigate further and let you know what I find out.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Marcus Green -

I have investigated further and consulted with someone who knows about some of the issues raised. It appears that the question type will work as expected in the secure window when using Chrome but not FireFox or MS IE

I hope to have a fix in the future but I have no time scale at the moment. 

For anyone interested in the technicalities it is to do with the the way the secure window controls the mouse up event and a clash with the Jquery UI dragdrop code. It is not a Moodle version specific thing.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Giancarlo De Pol -

Thank you very much for taking the time to investigate, and excuse me for the delay in posting back.

Well, now we know we have definite options, that is, if we use the gapfill, then either we stick to Chrome, or we forego the secure window; this is not much of an issue, once we know,  as it is not very "secure" after all.

Thanks again, Giancarlo