Educational Videos

Educational Videos

by Disco Chang -
Number of replies: 3
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anybody knows of a library or company that provides educational streaming videos for online courses.

My department head wants to add in videos, but there are also lots of copyright issues as well.

Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Disco
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Disco Chang

Re: Educational Videos

by Steve Hyndman -

Unitedstreaming is outstanding. It has thousands of educational videos that you can stream from their site or download and serve from your own site. The videos can be searched by subject or grade level. There are also lots of other resources on the site. All of our public school districts in Kentucky have access to this, but most teachers are unaware of it....I have an online class module dedicated to this in my educational technology course...teachers love it once they learn to use it. I think you can create a 30-day free trial account on the website.

http://www.unitedstreaming.com/

Steve

In reply to Steve Hyndman

Re: Educational Videos

by Marc Dastous -

Important to remember the rules associated with using the videos in this manner...

User may use the distance-learning Content that is set forth on United Learning's Site as being available for inclusion in distance-learning models. If User is interested in making distance-learning models (web pages, online distance learning software, such as Blackboard, or other online applications that may be developed), User has permission to do this under the condition that all Content posted on a server that is viewable to anyone be protected by control systems such as having a list of registered Students, requiring user names, passwords, and identification. No visitors are to be allowed access to these courses that contain United Learning Content. Content may also be protected by streaming from unitedstreaming servers. The User is to ensure that the end users who use the video clips and images are Users as defined in this Agreement and the Content is used only as permitted by this Agreement. Content may remain uploaded for the duration of the subscription. User agrees that he/she will only host video clips and/or images on the website or website applications if the website and website applications are protected by a control system.