open .ggb file and .ibooks file in Moodle Mobile

open .ggb file and .ibooks file in Moodle Mobile

by Mario Abbondati -
Number of replies: 1

I uploaded two files in my Moodle course: a Geogebra file (.ggb) and an ibooks file (.ibooks). I would like that students could open these files using the Geogebra app in the ipad (.ggb) and in the ibooks app (.ibooks).

When I try to open these files in Moodle Mobile, Moodle changes these files to a .zip file, and I can't open them using the correct app. 

Does anyone know how I can open these files in the ipad?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mario Abbondati

Re: open .ggb file and .ibooks file in Moodle Mobile

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Mario,

I noticed that those 2 extensions weren't in our list of valid extensions, so they weren't treated right. I opened an issue to fix it for the next release:

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MOBILE-1801

With the patch applied the files are downloaded with the right extension. When I click "Open file" the app is unable to render them, but there's a share button in the top right corner that allows opening them with the right app.

The weird thing is that they're never converted to .zip files for me, not even without the patch applied. Can you please send us a test account to mobile@moodle.com to check everything's right in your site? We'll need the Moodle URL, username, password and the location of the files (course and section).

Thank you,

Dani