Commercial Pricing of course?

Commercial Pricing of course?

by Mr Startup -
Number of replies: 1

Good Morning Everyone,

I am carrying out some research on how to price some courses on behalf of a company.

They have their own subject matter experts and until now have outsourced the design of their course which has added to the productions costs.

Eventually they would like to sell their courses but are not sure of the best way to price them and this is where I would appreciate some fellow moodlers input!.  They are a corporate company and the content is rather technical and industry specific and not something that your every day user would be interested in.  

I have read a number of articles regarding the considerations that should be taken into account when trying to price your course but although these were helpful, i was really looking to understand what others are typically pricing their courses at along with what the target audience typically is.

Any advice or help appreciated.

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mr Startup

Re: Commercial Pricing of course?

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

One way to price a product is to research what your competitors are doing, then rate your own product as "better value", "equal to", or "less value" your competitors.  This will help guide your pricing strategy.