Strange behavior of the File and the Folder resources

Strange behavior of the File and the Folder resources

by Gyorgy Szentgyorgyi -
Number of replies: 5

Hello Everyone,

Recently I upgraded my site to Moodle 3.1.1 (Build: 20160711).  For a course I inserted the File and Folder resources as Administrator and it worked seamlessly. When the same resources are utilized by teachers in the same course, they are unable to upload files and folders. The differences are like these:

1. In the Files area the Drag and Drop capability is missing

2. Over the files area, the note is:
    Admin: Maximum size for new files: Unlimited
    Teacher: Maximum size for new files: 128MB - drag and drop not supported

3. The "Upload a file" and the "Private files" items are missing from the menu of the File Picker window.

ADMIN:

TEACHER:

Maybe I am missing some new setting rule, I do not have any idea although I have spent quite a lot of time on it.

Anybody experienced the same?

Thanks for any advise:

Gyorgy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gyorgy Szentgyorgyi

Re: Strange behavior of the File and the Folder resources

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I can't see you images but I would start by checking your teacher role permissions.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Gyorgy Szentgyorgyi -

Hello Emma,

Thanks for the answer. I don't know what the problem with the images, so I try them again here:

ADMIN:

TEACHER:

Anyway, I checked the permissions, and it looks like this:

As you can see this capability is set for the teachers, so I'm stuck sad.

Gyorgy

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I notice that students are not allowed to upload files - that is strange.  Does the teacher by chance also have the student role in the course?  I wonder if that could be overriding the permission.  Something is set wrong somewhere...

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Gyorgy Szentgyorgyi -

Yes, that is on purpose,  the students should not upload anything here because of the nature of the course.

I've checked and the guy who is the teacher is only teacher.

Anyway, when I check the course as admin, changing role to Teacher, I experience the same restriction.

by Emma Richardson -

Have you checked the teacher role permissions - not on the activity but on the role itself?  There has to be a setting somewhere that is causing it.