3.0.4 with Essential - Can't remove Calendar or Main Menu Blocks

3.0.4 with Essential - Can't remove Calendar or Main Menu Blocks

by Nathan Warner -
Number of replies: 2

Greetings!

I'm in the process of setting up a new campus, using Moodle 3.0.4 with the "Essential" theme.

I love the theme and its customization, but I can't seem to turn off the "Calendar" and "Main Menu" blocks on the front page, prior to login.

Note that I already confirmed that the dropdowns associated with "frontpage" and "frontpageloggedin" in the "Dashboard - Front page settings - Edit settings" area are all set to the "None" value. Also, I went through the steps in the blocks FAQ to attempt to hide these.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this is a simple question; this is my first time back in Moodle after a few years off.

Thanks!

- Nathan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nathan Warner

Re: 3.0.4 with Essential - Can't remove Calendar or Main Menu Blocks

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Only certain block regions (look in the descriptions of the settings) on the frontpage are affected by 'prior to login' etc.

In reply to Nathan Warner

Re: 3.0.4 with Essential - Can't remove Calendar or Main Menu Blocks

by Carl Boyd -

I managed to hide elements from users by moving them into the "Blocks moved into the area below will only be seen by admins" section.

I've checked and it works with both the calendar and main menu blocks.

Hope this helps.

Carl