text or html editor does not display

text or html editor does not display

by Charles Lay -
Number of replies: 4

I am using Moodle 3.1.1 (Build: 20160711) on Moodle cloud with Google Chrome.

I am creating an assignment and selecting  the online text submission type. However, my students do not see any text or HTML editor to type in their answers.  Thanks for any assistance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Charles Lay

Re: text or html editor does not display

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

First question: are these real students who are looking at the assignment as opposed to yourself testing it by switching your role to a student?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Charles Lay -

Hi Mary,  these are real students with seperate independent accounts.  Thanks

Chuck

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

OK- can you

1.  confirm you have the Atto and TinyMCE editors enabled on your site and that the students in question have chosen one or other of those in their Preferences, accessible from their profile? If they have chosen Plain text then they will only see plain text.
  2. confirm yours is a MoodleCloud site as you mentioned earlier? If so then we can alert the MoodleCloud people to your problem, specific to MoodleCloud.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Charles Lay -

Hi Mary,

issue resolved.  Students had access but they had not enrolled in course.  Thanks for your help.

Chuck