I am curious, is there any plan at HQ to port the Moodle app to Angular/Ionic 2?
AngularJS 1.5 feels outdated:
* more complex to understand than Angular 2 (let alone React or Polymer)
* less fun than Angular 2 (let alone React or Polymer)
* coders may feel like they have to work with a "deprecated" technology (as the Google team is pushing for Angular 2). Knowing that, investing resources in creating a mobile remote addon in Angular 1.5 may not be encouraging addon development.
* Ionic is also pushing forward Ionic 2, they may cooperate to have the Moodle app ported to Angular 2. HQ should contact them, they may be interested by some collaboration/funding/...
* From what I understand, Ionic is pushing toward progressive app. It is likely they will focus on Ionic 2.
Anyway, congrats to the mobile team for their work.