Problems Downloading Choice Data into Excel

Problems Downloading Choice Data into Excel

Elizabeth Lewis -
回帖数:9
I am having problems downloading data from Choice into Excel.  The resulting data is garbled with non-alphabetical characters.  We are using 1.5.2 and IE.  I also tried with Firefox with no better results.  There are forced groups on in the course.  Any ideas?
回复Elizabeth Lewis

Re: Problems Downloading Choice Data into Excel

Res Hotz-Pohlmann -
Same problem - both with text and excel - 1.5.2 - WAMP - all browsers.
回复Res Hotz-Pohlmann

Robert Brenstein -
I just checked that it works for me fine, both excel and text - OSX server, Safari browser on OSX and Netscape on OS9. I suspect this has little to do with the browser as such but with the server. If all characters are garbled, character encoding conflict is to be suspected. There is an experimental flag, $CFG->unicode, that can be set to true in config.php. May be worth to try it to pinpoint the issue. No idea, though, how safe it is to use it on production site.
回复Elizabeth Lewis

Dan Marsden -
Core developers的头像 Particularly helpful Moodlers的头像 Peer reviewers的头像 Plugin developers的头像 Plugins guardians的头像 Testers的头像 Translators的头像
can you also check the downloading Quiz results as an excel sheet to see if those are broken as well? - if so, this isn't a problem with the choice mod - see Roberts comments in this thread.

thanks,

Dan
回复Elizabeth Lewis

Dan Marsden -
Core developers的头像 Particularly helpful Moodlers的头像 Peer reviewers的头像 Plugin developers的头像 Plugins guardians的头像 Testers的头像 Translators的头像
What version of PHP is installed on your servers? - is it PHP 5.0.5 ?

also what OS/Moodle version are you running?

微笑

Dan
回复Dan Marsden

Derry Lyons -

I'm having the same problem here, and the unicode setting didn't fix it. 伤心

Moodle 1.5.3, PHP 5.0.4 (can't get 5.1.1 to work), Apache 2.0.54.

The Excel spreadsheet that opens has, what looks to be, the drop-down list for the sub-groups, then a lot of gibberish.

Thanks for helping us think this through... 微笑 Derry

回复Derry Lyons

Elizabeth Lewis -

I have come to the conclusion that the problem has something to do with either "separate groups" or setting a limit on the number of times a choice can be chosen.  I tried another choice without these restrictions and the download works fine. Quizzes also work fine.

We are using 1.5.3+ and PhP 5.0.2.  I believe when my initial problem was posted, we were using the previous stable version. We use a Windows 2000 server.