Set enrolment startdate using CSV upload

Re: Set enrolment startdate using CSV upload

by Joe Schwarz -
Number of replies: 2
Hi Folks,

I'm still looking for a way to set a start date via the flat file user upload for enrollment. I want to be able to enroll students on a Friday, for example, with a start date of Monday. I want them to be loaded in as "Not current" and then automatically become active in the course on Monday. The course date doesn't have any impact on a student's ability to access to a course if the student is "active" in the course.

This is my current workflow: I upload a flatfile for user enrollment into a course that is hidden. After uploading enrolling students into the course, in the course participants list, I select all student users, then "With selected users..." I edit selected user enrollments (under manual enrollments) and then set the "Alter start time" and "Alter end time". The students' status changes to "Not current", and then I unhide the course. The students' status automatically changes to "Active" at the start time I've set.

This works fine for one course, but is time consuming to do for 60+ courses. I'm looking for a way to accomplish enrollment that includes a "start time" for the students. I understand already how to set the enrollment period. I'm looking for a bulk flatfile solution. Help please!
(working with version 3.5.x)

Thanks,
Joe
In reply to Joe Schwarz

by Emphatic . -
No one can still find a solution? During mass registration with CSV, I need to be able to add the start and end dates of the students. Please help me with this.
In reply to Emphatic .

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I'm confused!

From v3.8, the Bulk User Upload CSV file allows start date and enrolment duration - https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/Upload_users#Enrolment_fields (in earlier versions, it used to be just enrolment duration).

enroltimestart# may be used to set the enrolment start time, for each course. If not explicitly set here, the enrolment start time is set to be today.

enrolperiod# may be used to set the enrolment duration, in days, for each course. If not explicitly set here, all the users will get the duration as set in the Manual enrolment method of the course (which defaults to 0 meaning unlimited.)

and the Flat File CSV Enrolment method has provided the option to add start and end times of enrolment since, well, forever really - certainly from v1.3 (2004). Have you seen /admin/settings.php?section=enrolsettingsflatfile ?

What else are you looking for?
Average of ratings: Useful (2)