Importing a glossary

Importing a glossary

by Marc Hawes -
Number of replies: 3
I have my Moodle hosted at www.supanames.com

I am trying to import a glossary that I know can be imported and has been set up correctly as it is one from the Moodle Exchange, however I am getting the following error:

You must specify the file to import and define the criteria of the process.

Submit your request and review the results.

Warning: fopen(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\php1FE9.tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (d:\users) in d:\users\sheepwalkuk\public_html\moodle\mod\glossary\lib.php on line 1755

Warning: fopen(C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\php1FE9.tmp): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in d:\users\sheepwalkuk\public_html\moodle\mod\glossary\lib.php on line 1755
Error while trying to create the new glossary.

Could someone please tell me what is going on?
Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marc Hawes

Re: Importing a glossary

by Timothy Takemoto -

I am not sure but...tThe temporary directory may not have not been specified correctly in the server settings? Apparently there are two places at which it is set in Windows servers.

In reply to Timothy Takemoto

by Marc Hawes -

Thank you Timothy. I do not have access to the Windows server settings as my site is remotely hosted. Would you suggest that I get in touch with my web hosting provider as it is not a Moodle problem?

Thank you.

In reply to Marc Hawes

by Timothy Takemoto -

Marc,
I don't know, it looks that way, but I know very little about Windows servers.
But you could ask your provider, whether the Windows temporary directory settings
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ 
points to a folder that exists*, and whether apache (hence php) has permission to write to it.

*I think that was the problem somewhere else here at using moodle, the temporary folder did not even exist, there was no drive of that name.

Tim