GLIBC_2.3 not found

GLIBC_2.3 not found

by Dong Chen -
Number of replies: 1

Hello,

I tried to run Tex filter, but can't generate image.  I got this error:

/bfd/webma/html/moodle/filter/tex/mimetex.linux: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.3' not found (required by /bfd/webma/html/moodle/filter/tex/mimetex.linux)
The shell command
"/bfd/webma/html/moodle/filter/tex/mimetex.linux" -e "/bfd/webma/moodledata/filter/tex/45d5e0dbd5b8793fdecd3769629e1dcd.gif" '\Large f(x)=\Bigsum_{i=\1}^{n-\1}\frac1{\Del~x}\Bigint_{x_i}^{x_{i+\1}}\{\frac1{\Del~x}\big[(x_{i+1}-x)y_i^{5$\star}\big]-f(x)\}^\2dx'
returned status = 1
File size of mimetex executable /bfd/webma/html/moodle/filter/tex/mimetex.linux is 491043
The file permissions are: 100777
The md5 checksum of the file is c294ab11905323bb5cb0f451241bedc1
Image not found!

Any suggestions?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dong Chen

Re: GLIBC_2.3 not found

by John Forkosh -
You seem to be running mimetex on a different machine than it was compiled on. In particular, a machine with a different version of the C-library. That's almost surely your problem. To solve it, you need mimetex compiled with the library functions built-in.

Did you compile mimetex yourself? If so, add the -static switch to your compile line, i.e.,
cc -static -DAA mimetex.c gifsave.c -lm -o mimetex.cgi
(or -o mimetex.linux if you're really calling your executable image mimetex.linux).

Or did you download a pre-compiled version? In that case, you seem to have downloaded one compiled without the -static switch. Scroll to the bottom of the QuickBuild Section on http://www.forkosh.com/mimetex.html and click the linux link to download a zip file containing pre-compiled executable mimetex.cgi which should work for you (and rename/mv it to mimetex.linux if required).