Re-engagement: allow timed release and improve completion rates.

Re: Re-engagement: allow timed release and improve completion rates.

by David Kettle -
Number of replies: 0

Hey Dan,

I think I'm trying to use the plugin a little differently to most but not getting a consistent outcome and unsure if I'm doing something wrong.

What I want to achieve: Student completes Assessment A, B & C, student gets an automated congratulatory email and instructions on how to proceed, administration gets an automated message saying that student has completed the unit.

Initial testing seemed to work fine, and clicking on the activity showed a list of all users and whether or not they'd met the requirements (helpful for debugging), but I've had a few cases where it doesn't seem to be working  (admin not receiving an email even though we've double checked the student has completed all activities listed in the Reengagement activity), and now when I click on the activity I'm getting a 'Nothing to display' page.

The settings I'm using in the activity are:

• Notify user: On reengagement completion
  • Third party recipients: admin@..., trainer@...
  • Notification subject (User): Unit Complete
  • Notification content (User): Hey %userfirstname%, .....
  • Notification content (Third-party): Unit Complete
  • Notification content (Third-party): %userfirstname% %userlastname% has completed Unit...
  • Suppress notification if target activity complete: Unchecked
  • Restrict access: Must match each assessment activity must be complete with pass grade (using both quiz and assessment types)
  • Completion tracking: Show activity as complete when conditions are met
  • Rengagemetn duration: 5 minutes
  • Expect completed on: disabled

Hoping you, or someone else, can shed some light on where I might have gone wrong, please.