Can I override render_assign_submission_status or construct a link to see user's result page as a tutor

Can I override render_assign_submission_status or construct a link to see user's result page as a tutor

by Delvon Forrester -
Number of replies: 1

I am using Moodle 2.8 and the assign activity module. I am writing a report plugin that a tutor can see the results of user's grades, feedback etc and able to click on their feedback to be taken to the result page. For the assign activity module when I construct the link with the course_module id of the assignment (http://127.0.0.1:88/v2810/mod/assign/view.php?id=71) only the individual can see their result page (in this case the 'Submission status' table). If I am a tutor and click on that link it takes me to 'the same view.php page but only shows the 'Grading summary' with all participants.

To get the specific student's page then I need to add the parameters after id=?(&rownum=?&action=grade OR &action=grade&rownum=?&useridlistid=?). The problem is that I do not know how to get the rownum or userlistid for each user in order to get this. 

Has anyone done anything similar to this that I can use or is it possible to override the render_assign_submission_status()?

Please see attached I have a word doc with three screen shots, the first image is what a student sees if they click on the constructed link. The second one is what the tutor/admin sees but I want them to see image 3 which shows the student's submission status table.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Delvon Forrester

Re: Can I override render_assign_submission_status or construct a link to see user's result page as a tutor

by Delvon Forrester -

Found the answer partially at https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-51515 but had to add an additional parameter to get it to work.

The answer is:

If you are not the user looking at your own report then these parameters should be added to the link ~/assign/view.php?id={cmidfor assignment}&action=grade&rownum=0&userid={theuserid}

Average of ratings: Useful (1)