How do I change the searched word highlighted color?

How do I change the searched word highlighted color?

by Alex Briones -
Number of replies: 4
Moodle 3.1 , Latest Essential Theme, CentOS 6.8

Hi, 

How can I change the hightlighted color when doing a word search?

I assume this is something in the Essential Theme settings that will allow me to change from my existing light blue to an orange-yellow.

However, I have installed Solr - the global search engine, which also has some default settings, but I suppose this is irrelevant in this case.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex Briones

Re: How do I change the searched word highlighted color?

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

RE: "I assume this is something in the Essential Theme settings that will allow me to change from my existing light blue to an orange-yellow." = no, because I've not written it.

Please post a screen shot of the exact thing you are talking about as lots of search boxes available.

When you say 'latest' - one on Plugins DB or GitHub?  They are different, so what 'exact' version number?  Also helps when people return to the thread to know if something is an older version and they need to check to see if a later version fixes it.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Alex Briones -
Sent email directly to your mail box. 
In reply to Alex Briones

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Evans

by Alex Briones -

Thanks Mary ! Works perfectly.

This is how you do it:

Go to this page: http://yoursitename/moodle_crg/admin/settings.php?section=theme_essential_generic

In the Custom CSS box, add the code and change the color accordingly, for example:

.highlight {

background: none;

background-color: yellow;

}