[ADAPTABLE] BLOCK BUILDER

[ADAPTABLE] BLOCK BUILDER

by Federica Marra -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all,

I encountered a problem with the block region builder in the front page.
I really like this theme as it allows a perfect customization of the website, and we use the block to redirect content to our users.

To do that we created system roles in Moodle, each role has its own HTML block in the front page where the traffic of info is shown.

example:
If I am a user of role A, I will only see the block A.

If am a user of role B, I will only see block B.

If I belong to both roles I will see both.

With the block region builder, however it is not possible to reshuffle the order of the blocks when they are targeted. In this way a user will see empty spots in the front page where there are the blocks for other roles.
(look at screenshot)

I don't know if it is easy to edit this setting and make possible that block B takes the place of block A if block A is not visible for users with role B.

- Would that be an easy fix of your code?
- Would that be possible to edit it with the custom CSS?

Thanks a lot! I hope I was clear enough. smile

(Edited by Mary Evans - original submission Thursday, 21 April 2016, 1:20 PM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Federica Marra

Re: [ADAPTABLE] DESIGN PROBLEMS

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Oh...now this is interesting!

There is a way to re-arrange the blocks using CSS, but it will need some PHP coding in the layout files to add the necessary body classes based on role capability.

I'll take a look at this and see if it is already an option or something than needs adding.

Thanks

Mary