Confusion about which messages get displayed in the app's 'Notifications' panel

Confusion about which messages get displayed in the app's 'Notifications' panel

by Roland Sherwood -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

Apologies if there's something fundamental I've overlooked, but I'm currently very confused about which messages from Moodle get displayed within the Moodle Mobile app's 'Notifications' area. Please note, and just for clarification, I'm referring here to the menu item displayed within the app itself - and not anything to do with AirNotifier (which we don't currently use):

Notifications

Basically, we thought that a copy of any message sent from Moodle via e-mail would also automatically be displayed within this area. However, in our testing we've found that only some e-mailed messages are being displayed here, while others don't show up at all.

For example, the above screenshot shows 2 messages that were successfully sent and received via e-mail, and which also automatically became visible within the app. These messages were generated by the CUL Activity Stream plugin set. On the other hand, e-mail messages that were successfully sent and received and which were generated by Moodle's regular forum activity are not being displayed within the app.

Again, my apologies if I've misunderstood how this should work. I've also double-checked that the messaging preferences associated with the user logged into the app shown in the above screenshot are configured correctly (as far as I can tell they are - since every possible option is ticked!).

Any advice or insight would be much appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Roland Sherwood

Re: Confusion about which messages get displayed in the app's 'Notifications' panel

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

you should check if in the user messaging preferences you have "checked" to receive Mobile notifications for the different messages that are generated by Moodle.

Please, note that you can configure to receive only some types of notifications from certain components.

Regards, Juan