Google fonts not working in quiz with Javascript Security

Google fonts not working in quiz with Javascript Security

by Brian Evans -
Number of replies: 3
Moodle 3.1, Essential 3.1 (I don't think this problem is theme-specific)

I am doing my summer upgrade and have decided to try to tackle an issue that has been bugging me for a while:  Google fonts don't work properly when using the "Full screen popup with some JavaScript security" option on a quiz.  Weirdly, Google fonts seem to work on the "Quiz Navigation" heading and possibly the "Next Page" button, but nowhere else.

Is there a way to fix this?  Why do they work on some parts of the page but not others?

My initial thought is to download the Google fonts and install them on my server.  This way they wouldn't need to be called from outside the site, which I assume is the reason they aren't working.  This solution is not ideal because it will increase traffic on my server and because different devices require different types of font files.  Upgrades would also be a hassle.  It would have the benefit of removing Google from my site, however, which is nice from a privacy standpoint.

Any help or thoughts on this issue would be appreciated.
Attachment screenshot.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Evans

Re: Google fonts not working in quiz with Javascript Security

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Bug in theme and has been for some time.  I've looked as far back as M2.9.

If its been bugging you for some time, then why did you not report it please!? smile - Now I have to fix once and back-port over three versions!

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Google fonts not working in quiz with Javascript Security

by Brian Evans -

Sorry for not reporting it earlier.  I didn't think it was theme-specific.

Thanks for all you do.