Moodle Directory not loading index.php file

Moodle Directory not loading index.php file

by Prashant Savalia -
Number of replies: 8
I'm running Moodle 3.1. It was working fine until this morning. Now when I type in localhost:8080/moodle, it shows a blank page with the correct title. I checked Apache and mysql, both are running and I can get to localhost:8080 without issue. I can also get to localhost:8080/moodle/login/index.php. I just can't seem to get the main index.php file to show. I tried to replace the main files in case they got messed up somewhere, but I still can't get the main frontpage to show anything. It's just blank. Any ideas?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Prashant Savalia

Re: Moodle Directory not loading index.php file

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Try clearing your caches (sometimes you might have to manually delete the cache and tmp cache folders in your moodledata folder).

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Prashant Savalia -

Hello Emma,

I tried this but to not avail. It still doesn't show anything. It seems like it's loading the page, but not getting anything...which is odd because I haven't made any changes to the main index file.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Try turning debugging on and see if that shows anything.  Has there perhaps been a php change or upgrade on your server?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Prashant Savalia -

Hello Emma,

I'm using a localhost through WAMP. There haven't been any changes to my local machine or the Wamp settings. It's strange because the index page in the moodle folder loads, but if you inspect the page or look at the source, there's nothing on it. It's blank. No references to PHP files or anything. If you load the page into Dreamweaver, there is code and references there though. I tried debugging mode, but not sure what to do with it. It's on. Just no idea what I'm looking for. The blank page just loads like normal, blank. No messages or anything.

by Emma Richardson -
When you tried to reload the main files, how did you do that?  Did you get the config.php file moved over?

by Prashant Savalia -

I actually backed up and then deleted the entire Moodle directory from the apache2 folder. I also deleted the MoodleData folder under Apache2. I downloaded moodle from the site again and extracted the files and moved it to the same place as the original. I went to localhost:8080/moodle, which ran the installation process again. Once that was done, I went to the the link again, like i did originally (before deleting the moodle directory), and got a blank page....not sure if that's what you are looking for. Please let me know if I missed something there.

by Prashant Savalia -

I figured it out. I referenced a favicon.ico file that didn't exist in the theme. I corrected that it came back up. Thank you Emma!!