Moodle Mobile local environment shows using 'mm...' strings

Moodle Mobile local environment shows using 'mm...' strings

by Ross Smith -
Number of replies: 4

Hi, 

I'm new to moodle mobile so I may be missing something straight forward.  I set up my local environment following the steps here https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Setting_up_your_development_environment_for_Moodle_Mobile_2.

However when I launch the app in Chrome using ionic serve all of the strings appear in their 'mm' form.  For instance on the first screen 'mm.login.login' appears as the title.  After logging into a site I see 'mm.courses.mycourses' instead of something more readable.  I can add the key value 'mm.courses.mycourses': 'my courses' into en.json and then 'my courses' will show, but I don't think this is the correct way.  

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ross Smith

Re: Moodle Mobile local environment shows using 'mm...' strings

by suman bogati -

Hi Ross, 

I think the problem would come when you put your custom app into 'www' folder, something like

username/var/www/html/yourCustomApp
username/var/www/yourCustomApp,

Put your app from outside 'www' folder something like 'username/var/yourCustomApp', and see what happens.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to suman bogati

by Ross Smith -

Hi Suman,

Thank you! Your suggestion worked like a charm.  Placed the app directly in /var and it worked fine.  To better understand, would you know why this fixes it?  Where are these strings coming from?  

Thanks again!

Ross

In reply to Ross Smith

by suman bogati -

Hi Rosh, 

Why this happens can be found Here.

In reply to suman bogati

by Ross Smith -

Cool, make sense.  Thanks Suman!