PoodLL availability in manual grading of quizzes?

PoodLL availability in manual grading of quizzes?

by Thys Murray -
Number of replies: 4

Dear all

A lecturer set up a quiz to be manually graded. The idea was to grade the quiz by hand and give additional comments using the PoodLL function. However, they noticed that the PoodLL functionality disappeared from the comment window (the voice and video recording buttons).

I checked PoodLL's website itself and there they mention only PoodLL for Assignment submissions and comments, and Quiz question types - no comments. The PoodLL functionalities, however, are still available on all other text editor (TinyMCE and Atto) appearances, except when commenting on an individual quiz attempt.

My questions therefore are:

1) Is this indeed the case? I'm not missing a setting somewhere to allow PoodLL here as well?

2) If it is indeed the case that PoodLL is not available for commenting on manually graded quizzes (on the individual question level), would it be possible to have it implemented at some stage? The recommended workaround at the moment is to make the recording separately and upload it as an attachment.

Thank you

Thys Murray

Attachment PoodLL Individual Comment.jpg
Attachment PoodLL Question Text.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thys Murray

Re: PoodLL availability in manual grading of quizzes?

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Thys,

Justin has those toolbuttons set to disappear when you are editing in places where normal uploads are not supported. Notice that if you click on the Image toolbutton for a comment, you will see the normal Browse repositories is missing from it and you can't upload an image...just provide a link to one.

As for implementing the capability, I can't speak as to what Justin might be able to do, but it seems to me the development would have to be done in the question comment code to allow for uploads there.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes. It is the general issue of whether any files can be uploaded when manually graded. MDL-41090

In reply to Thys Murray

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Al and Tim are correct.

I don't plan to do anything more in this direction. 

But this year PoodLL will get cloud hosting for files. That will allow you to circumvent storing files in Moodle , they will just be linked. 

That *might* be a solution for this.

In reply to Justin Hunt

by Thys Murray -

Thanks for the confirmation Justin. I believe this will be a good work around. The only downside is that recordings will have to be made and attached in seperate steps. But that is minor.

Thanks!