No Permission To Create Web Service Token

No Permission To Create Web Service Token

by Athena Divine -
Number of replies: 7

I've tried Android, Windows phone and Windows 10 desktop app and I still am getting this error and explained here:

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=335022

Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Athena Divine

Re: No Permission To Create Web Service Token

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

are you using the Moodle Mobile additional features plugin in your site? In that case you must check that for the authenticated user the capability createtoken is On at system context level.

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Athena Divine -

Moodle Mobile additional features?  Is that another addon/plugin?  What do I need to change in the Authenticated User?  Which features?

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Go to Site administration > Users > Permissions > Define roles, edit the Authenticated user role and allow the capabilities moodle/webservice:createtoken and moodle/webservice:createmobiletoken

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Athena Divine -

I have the following set for both the Authenticated User and Authenticated user on Frontpage:

I am also logging in use this as my URL:

Still won't let me in.

I've followed everything and even follow this to the tee https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Moodle_Mobile_guide_for_admins

Anything I might be missing?  I'm at my wits end.  My teachers really need this...

by Juan Leyva -

Hi,

have you tried using the Android or iOs app? Maybe is an issue with the Windows app that unfortunately we don't support anymore

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Athena Divine -

Yes, that's where I started.  I only got the app on windows to test it out regular as well.  Same error.

by Juan Leyva -

Hi,

can you send us a test user account so we can check what is happening?

If that's possible, please send the credentials to mobile@moodle.com

Juan