Add Global Search to Aardvark

Add Global Search to Aardvark

by Marcel Matschke -
Number of replies: 9

Hi there everybody.

I hope someone can help me out.

I upgraded moodle to 3.1  and using the Aardvark 2.9.

Now i have issues with adding the search function to the header. 

Thanks for any advice.

Best regards 

Marcel

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marcel Matschke

Re: Add Global Search to Aardvark

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I am still trying to find out how to add it anyway, regardless of theme.

I thought it was in the header of Clean theme but I cannot see any change in the code.

So I am not sure how it is added!!!

Sorry I can't help you.

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Marcel Matschke -

Ah i see.

Thanks Mary. 

Hope we can figure that out somehow.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The easiest way is to add the Global Search block in the theme. If you want to integrate the block in the theme then you can create a renderer based in the block code.

Anyway, the global search needs a VERY specific requirements that are not available in all the servers. So first step should be to install Apache SOLR and test the global search using the block. When working, then integrate the code in the theme.

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Marcel Matschke -

Yeah i know that.

At the moment i have a talk with our provider. I know that he already got SOLR apache servers (they offer that for Moodle).

But not sure about our server. We will see ;) 

I already got a running testsystem. Which works fine. I just wanted to add the searchbar to the theme. ;)

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Marcel, 

Sorry I posted a link to a new version of AARDVARK but realised late last night it was not the one I thought it was. That is still on my computer and needs to be pushed to the GitHub as an update.

Ill try and update it further and make it 3.1 compatible with the Search Box included.

Also an appology to Gareth as in deleting my post I unfortunately deleted his last comment too.

Sorry for that Gareth!

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Marcel Matschke -

Its all ok ;) 
I got the messages in my email ;) 

so no Link is missing. 

I will check GitHub the next days

For all who wana read it.

Here´s the quote:

Re: Add

Search to Aardvark
von Gareth J Barnard - Montag, 20. Juni 2016, 00:21
Global 

From the point of view of a theme only https://github.com/moodle/moodle/blob/MOODLE_31_STABLE/theme/bootstrapbase/layout/columns2.php#L55is required.  The method does the rest, unless you want to override it for a purpose such as using a different icon.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)