Learning Plan Completion

Learning Plan Completion

by Marcus Gates -
Number of replies: 9

Having set up a competency framework, linking courses to competences and competencies to learning plans and setting the competency rules to complete when all children are complete I then ran some test users against the setup.

When the courses are complete the proficiency of the user to that child competency is set to proficient and all competencies defined in the Learning plan are set to 100%, however the learning plan template competency does not show that any of the learners have completed the plan.

Not sure what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks

Attachment Learning Plan Template.png
Attachment User Learning Plan.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marcus Gates

Re: Learning Plan Completion

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello there. I've been playing with competencies a bit myself and am interested in learning more. I will go and try to replicate what you have done and see if I can offer any suggestions. But in the meantime...

have you run cron, or waited a bit to see if this might be related to a scheduled task yet to run?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

(Back) I cannot find a way that a learning plan gets automatically marked as completed when the competencies are met, other than if you set a date for completion (which I haven't tried.) I have found how to mark a plan complete manually however, and then it appears in the percentage bar.

I'd be interested to see what other people's understanding and experience is.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Marcus Gates -

Hi Mary. Yes I have run cron etc. Having to Manually set plans complete when competencies can be set automatically does not  seem logical.

In reply to Marcus Gates

by Zeid Fanous -

Hi everyone, 

I agree with the Marcus's last comment. In my opinion competencies should be automated ....from the time a user logs in...to completion of a certain learning plan. i hope this happens smile 

In reply to Marcus Gates

by Rachel Jackson -

Exact same issue...set up so activity completion triggers proficiency completion but nothing showing on learning plan

In reply to Rachel Jackson

by Mary Cooch -

I think that's the way it works  -that a learning plan does not say "complete" even though it might have 100% completion, unless you manually mark it as complete.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Rachel Jackson -

I have to say then - thats a bit odd.  

Ive just completed an activity.  It turns up in the gradebook as graded...when I re-access it it tells my i have completed 0% of the activity (which may be because retakes are allowed) and in my learning plan it doesn't even register a grade although other activities do - but they don't ever seem to get complete.

I am trying to cut out external raters and completes and minimise the process for students - surely if they complete an activity set to auto-complete and the update learning option is set to yes....it should update the learning plan...not require the student to do that themselves manually?

In reply to Rachel Jackson

by Mary Cooch -

Ok - could you give me step by step instructions to replicate what you have set up  and I will try to do it on one of my sites and see what I find? I'm not very familiar with learning plans and competencies but I am happy to experiment and learn more. It might be tomorrow as it's ten 15 here in the UK. Well you know that, as you are also in the UK, but I promise I will try smile