Global badges not showing in courses

Re: Global badges not showing in courses

by Steve Krueger -
Number of replies: 5

Hi Helen,

I have created several site badges.  I have teachers at different schools teaching the same classes and would like them to be able to award these badges to students.  How do I give them access to these badges?

Thanks.

steve

In reply to Steve Krueger

by Peter Diedrichs -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I have the same request: site-wide badges that can be used in course context by teachers.

I do think this would be a rather obvious request... there's a lot of common skills and/or efforts that badges could be used for in many courses, and each course having to setup their own badges would create a mess. And having to create yet another role for techers to be able just to issue site wide badges in their course isn't very handy.

There should be an option for course managers to choose from the site wide badges which of them to use in a course, and then the teachers in the course could issue them.

In reply to Peter Diedrichs

by Peter Diedrichs -

Should add: maybe I've misunderstood how it's working...

by Peter Diedrichs -

I followed those instructions, but cannot make it work...

https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Badges_FAQ#How_can_teachers_award_site_badges.3F

• What archetype role should be used when creating the "Badge awarder" role, or should it be a fresh role as I used?
  • Should the link to award a site badge be visible on the start page or in the course room?

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Peter,

To answer your questions:

• There is no need to select any archetype role when creating a Badge awarder role.
  • The link to award a site badge will be shown on the front page and on a course page in the administration block under 'Site administration'.

I have added a little more explanation to Badges FAQ to hopefully make things clearer.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)