Full screen / close full screen appearing in the same button

Full screen / close full screen appearing in the same button

by Leticia Dark-rose -
Number of replies: 8

Hi all,

We have recently upgraded our Development site from 2.8.2 to Version 2.9.4 and since that time the buttons for "Full Screen" and "Close Full Screen" are showing in the same button. 

The UAT site has not been upgraded and this has not experienced this error, is someone able to tell me whether this may have been human error (i.e. have checked a box) or is this something to do with the version, or theme please?

Please see attached images.

DEV Environment:

UAT Environment (not upgraded):

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Leticia Dark-rose

Re: Full screen / close full screen appearing in the same button

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi, 

Which theme is that?

thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Leticia Dark-rose -

Hi Mary,

Sorry for the delay. I thought I was using a custom called DPAW Bootstrap 3. However based on the menu below, would I be correct in thinking that there has been an overlap from Parks Bootstrap 2 and DPAW Bootstrap 3 ..... which is based on Elegance ?

Attachment CLMS - theme issues June 2016 Themes_ Parks Bootstrap 2.png

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Leticia

No, thats not showing any overlap between the themes, that's just the theme settings menu. What it suggests is that DPaW Bootstrap3 has a single settings page as does the Parks Bootstrap2, while Elegance has a number of settings pages under an expandable drop down.

To check what theme you are using, go to http://yoursite/theme/index.php and the current theme should be identified under the 'Default' heading.

Richard

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Richard is correct - that is just showing some of the themes that you have installed - you only use one at a time. Basically something in your custom theme has responded negatively to the upgrade.  The full screen button is not standard and not even part of Elegance so you will need to talk to your theme designer about it.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

Forgive me for being ignorant, but what is Parks Bootstrap 2 and Parks Bootstrap 3 in relation to Moodle and the Elegance theme apart from the fact that Elegance is the parent theme?

I have never heard of either of the Parks themes...am I missing something?

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Leticia Dark-rose -

Hi Mary,

We are a government department for 'Parks and Wildlife - hence the name. They were custom themes created by our Web designer (brilliant guy), but as the 'project' was accepted, I stepped on board and learning as I go, and he was unable to assist with application support/style due to his section's workload. 

I would be extremely grateful if you could assist. I am trying to migrate to Production and as a one man team am rather pushed for time.

I will send it over via email.

Oh P.S. we are using DPAW Bootstrap 3

Again, thanks

Leticia 

Attachment Appearance_ Themes_ Theme selector.png

by Mary Evans -

Hi,

Oh great, thank you for letting me know.

Mary

by Mary Evans -

Oh Hi again,

Thanks for the information, I think the best thing you can do with this is send me both themes and I'll fix the one that is wrong. I'll send you my email in a message.

Cheers

Mary